Home Security and Defense
A Home Protection Plan that is in place before a home invasion occurs can be crucial to you and your family.
Chances of becoming a victim of a property crime in Minnesota is 1 in 47.
To have your tv or jewelry stolen isn’t pleasant but it could be worse, home invasions also can result in violent crimes of assault, abduction, rap and murder.
Chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime in Minnesota is 1 in 412
The first goal is to keep someone from entering your home in the first place but what if they do enter and what is their intent.
- Do you know what to do and how to keep your family safe?
- How will you protect them?
- Do you know the legal aspects of protecting them?
The average response time for law enforcement in the US is 7 Minutes
This class was developed to help you create a Home Protection Plan.
What is a Home Protection Plan?
At its most basic level, a personal and home protection plan is designed to help keep us physically, legally, financially, and morally safe.
1. DEVELOPING A PERSONAL AND HOME PROTECTION PLAN:
• Statistics and Trends
• Defining a personal protection plan
• Home security
• Evaluating your home’s security
• Home alarms
• Home defense
• Mental exercises
2. THE LEGAL USE OF FORCE: (with or without a firearm)
• Defining reasonable force and deadly force
• Defending the home
• Defending property
• Defending yourself and your family
3. VIOLENT ENCOUNTERS AND THEIR AFTERMATH:
• Automated responses and the psychological effects
• When we’re left with no other choice
• When the right to use deadly force ends
• The immediate aftermath
• Phone calls to make
• When the police arrive
• Statement to the police
• Preserving evidence
• Miranda rights
• During and after your arrest (Yep, if you use Deadly Force you should expect to be arrested)
• Advice for your lawyer
4. PERSONAL PROTECTION TOOLS
• Non or less lethal tools
*This class is designed for the person looking to protect themselves and family inside their home,
with or without a firearm. Protecting your home (or business) with a firearm does not require a Permit to Carry.
*This class covers the use of a firearm for protection but it does not provide a detailed introduction to Firearms or satisfy MN Permit to Carry certification. If you plan on protecting your home or business with a firearm but are new to firearms,
consider taking: Beginner Handgun class
*If you are looking for protecting yourself OUTSIDE the home WITH a firearm then you
must take the Permit to Carry class instead of this class.
Home Security and Defense – Classroom $99.00 See schedule for the next class
(classes you must attend before taking this class – none).
Home Security and Defense – In Your Home $375.00
This class is a “IN HOME” class, yes we will come to your home and teach you how to keep you and your family safe.
Contact us to schedule your In Home class firstname.lastname@example.org 952-292-8165
What To Bring:
- An open, teachable mind
- Note Taking Gear
- Beverage / snacks
This book is an excellent resource for protecting you and your home
Recommend follow up non firearm classes:
Refuse to Be A Victim
Request your own Class/seminar