Permit to Carry - Minnesota
Just to clarify that Concealed Carry Permit, CCW, Carry Permit or Permit to Carry all mean the same thing, in Minnesota it's called a Permit to Carry.
This Class teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.
Using a firearm for self defense is more than
just being able to "know how to shoot a gun".
You will be instructed of the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to become a responsible permit holder.
This is an 6 hour course, includes classroom and range time.
Students should expect to shoot approximately 50 rounds of ammunition.
Students will learn
- Basic defensive shooting skills
- Strategies for home safety
- Levels of awareness
- Responding to a violent confrontation
- Firearms and the Law
- Aftermath of using deadly force
- How to choose a handgun for self-defense
- Continued opportunities for skill development.
The Permit to Carry Course participants must be law abiding, adults (at least 20 years old), and be experienced shooters (student must be able to show the basic skills of safe gun handling and marksmanship fundamentals) to maximize what can be learned from this course.
This class meets the MPPA requirements to obtain a Permit to Carry for Minnesota.
Permit to Carry – $99.00 See schedule for the next class
(classes you must attend before taking this class – see prerequisite tree)
Beginner Handgun / NRA Online Handgun or other pistol course, law enforcement or military ( DD 214 with pistol qualification) background.
What To Bring:
- An open, teachable mind
- Note Taking materials
- Handgun 380 - 45 caliber
- NO AMMUNITION in the class
- Handgun 380 - 45 caliber (firearms available for rent, $20 includes ammo)
- At least 2 working magazines (the more the better)
- 50 rounds of ammunition (no ammunition for sale onsite)
- Ear and Eye protection
- Seasonally appropriate clothing (no sandals/shorts)
Recommend follow up non firearm classes:
Refuse to Be A Victim
Request your own Class/seminar
President | USCCA
USCCA | Delta Defense, LLC